This article was first published the by Food & Drink Business website.
The 26th Asia Pacific Food Safety Conference
The annual Asia Pacific Food Safety Conference (formerly the Australian HACCP Conference) returned for its 26th year on 20 August.
The conference brings together food safety professionals in Australia and local and international speakers to explore emerging food safety risks and discuss how the industry is meeting the challenge.
Held in Sydney 20-22 August and hosted by the global leader in integrated risk management solutions SAI Global (saiglobal.com), the interactive three-day event kicked off with an optional food manufacturing site tour, followed by two days of educational talks and seminars from some of the industry’s most respected professionals – including SAI Global’s own auditors and trainers – and an exhibition.
Each year, the APAC Food Safety Conference is attended by more than two hundred delegates across the retail, agriculture, food production and manufacturing, food packaging and food service industries. This year’s attendees heard from keynote speakers including:
- Chandaka Ratnapala, Head of Quality – Fresh Food and Customer Sensory at Woolworths Australia
- James Whittaker, Head of Quality and Responsible Sourcing at Coles
- Mark Field, Senior Food and Retail Industry Technical and Commercial Executive
- Ron McNaughton, Head of Scottish Food Crime & Incidents Unit at Food Standards Scotland
- Jill Hoffman, Director of Global Quality Systems and Food Safety at McCormick & Co. Inc. USA
John Rowley, CEO of SAI Global Assurance says: “We’re thrilled to be bringing a high calibre of speakers to this year’s APAC Food Safety Conference. It will offer the industry a valuable discussion forum on emerging food safety risks across the APAC region. We pride ourselves on hosting the country’s most important food safety event and look forward to bringing the industry together at yet another successful event.”
We are very pleased to announce the winner of the competition for the Apple AirPod Cookie Guessing Competition. Congratulations to Christina Ramadan from De Bortoli Wines and Catherine Faram from Moana NZ!
Plus, congratulations to our APAC Food Safety Conference Award Winners;
- Allergen Bureau – Innovators in Food Safety
- Hayley Pfeifer – Leaders of the Future
- Hazel Hughes – Ross Peters Award for Excellence in Food Safety
Organised by: SAI Global